Main Street, East Helena, circa 1919
306 East Main
PO Box 1170
East Helena, MT 59635
MAYOR JAMES SCHELL
Public Works Director
Deputy City Clerk
Contact Council Members:
Mayor James Schell:
Cell 465-2921 / Home 227-7044
Ward 1 Councilmembers:
Cell 431-5227 / Home 227-6284
Ward 2 Councilmembers:
Administrative Phone Number 406.227.5321
Fax Number 406.227.5456
Fire Department Admin Phone Number:
227.5321 / 459.1623
Police Administration phone numbers 406.227.8686
Police Non-emergency requiring assistance 406.227.5377
Emergency Phone number 911
Regular Office Hours: 8:00 am - 5:00 pm
Monday through Friday
City of East Helena
Growth Policy, Zoning Regulation, Subdivision Regulation, and Related Documents
Front Row (L-R): Councilmember Mike Misowic, Councilmember Judy Leland, Councilmember Don Dahl, Council President Kit Johnson, Mayor James Schell, City Attorney Peter Elverum, Deputy City Clerk Julia Shannon (not pictured: City Clerk/Treasurer Gena Berry)
Back Row (L-R): Public Works Director Scott St. Clair, Volunteer Fire Chief Troy Maness, Police Chief Dale Aschim
Ward 1 - South of Riggs Street
Ward 2 - North of Riggs Street
• Click here for: INSTITUTIONAL CONTROLS Website
• All CITY CODES for the City of East Helena
• General Business License CITY CODE (PDF)
• General Business License Application,
City of East Helena, Montana (PDF)
BUSINESS LICENSES ARE REQUIRED FOR EXISTING BUSINESSES, NEW BUSINESSES AND CONTRACTORS WORKING IN THE CITY LIMITS.
* CITY PUBLIC WORKS DEPARTMENT:
Public Works Director:
Scott St. Clair
• Residential Yard Waste Disposal Site Update (PDF)
• Tri-County Disposal Landfill Application Form (PDF)
• Important information about your drinking water (PDF)
* The City's Wastewater Treatment Facility, located on Plant Road, can be toured by groups or individuals. If you are interested, please contact City Hall to schedule a time.
• Use Agreement (PDF)
• JFK Park
$75 Rental Fee - $200 Deposit
• Fire Hall
$75/$150 Rental Fee - $200 Deposit
• City Hall
Meeting Rooms - $10/per hour, $75/per day
- $200 Deposit
• Gym - $10/per hour, $75/per day - $200 Deposit
If you are planning an event, consider one of our facilities!
All rentals require a completed City's Use Agreement.
Deposits are refundable.
• City Pool Website: CLICK HERE
No job opportunities avalable at this time.
(Click the photo or link on the right for an Application)
For more information, please call City Hall during business hours at 406-227-5321.